General director of the National Museum of Lithuania
Education and Qualifications
- Studies of Archaeology at the Faculty of History, Vilnius University (Master’s Degree)
- Studies of Archaeology at the Faculty of Prehistoric Archaeology, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Studies of European Union Policy and Administration and Public Administration, Mykolas Romeris University (Master’s Degree)
- Doctoral studies at the Faculty of History, Vilnius University (PhD in Humanities)
- Counsellor for Culture of the Committee on Education, Science and Culture of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania (for nearly ten years)
- Counsellor for Culture, Chief Advisor to President of the Republic of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė during the two terms of office; Head of the Group on Education, Science and Culture of the Chancellery of the Office of the President; Coordinator of the establishment and activities of the Centre for Civil Education
- Lecturer at the Faculty of History, Vilnius University (since 2015)
- General director of the National Museum of Lithuania (since May 2019)
Project and Expert Activities
Has participated in the activities of the Baltic Culture Fund Council, National Commission for UNESCO, Culture and Sport Support Fund Council, and Lithuanian Council for Culture, has been a member of the National Commission for Cultural Heritage. Currently, a Lithuanian expert of the UNESCO Subsidiary Committee of the Meeting of States Parties to the 1970 Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property and a shareholder of the Open Lithuania Foundation.
Has been participating actively and giving presentations at international conferences on the issues of archaeology, culture, cultural policy, cultural education, heritage protection and reading promoting. Has prepared scientific articles in the field of archaeology as well as article on the topics of culture and cultural policy.
The initiator of the campaign “The Book of the Year” (held since 2005), a member of the working group of the cultural programme of Vilnius Book Fair (since 2006), the initiator and organiser of the international literature festival Vilnius Pages (held since 2016).
Speaks Lithuanian, English, Russian, Polish, reads Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.